Thanks to Grace Bridges for this little exercise:
ALL ABOUT YOUR LITERARY CHILD!
1) What’s the first line? “On that life-changing day, Sitara and I combed each other’s hair, tried on dozens of outfits, and practiced walking with books on our heads.”
2) Is it your first finished book? No. 6th novel and 7th book.
3) When did you write it? Started November 2015, finished January 2017.
4) Did you plan it out or wing it? I always knew where things were going to end up, but I winged it most of the way.
5) How long did it take to write? About 7 weeks.
6)Binge-written or slow and steady? Written in 2 binges: November 2015, and January 2017.
7) Where did you write it? Sitting in my little alcove in my wingback chair with my laptop on my lap.
8) What program/device did you use? My HP laptop and Scrivener.
9) What was your worst distraction? Real life responsibilities.
10) What did you snack on? Mostly nuts. And many mugs of tea.
11) What did you do when it wanted to drive you crazy? Read back over the bits I liked.
12) How many edits did it go through. Currently going through the first edit.
13) Did you get it published? In my dreams. It’s not ready yet.
14) What’s on the cover/what would you like on the cover? Good question. I’m pretty sure it’s going to involve polar bears and a huge black hawk.
15) What is the genre? YA Fantasy
16) What did you name it? Sohalie’s Search